[HCS-D] Albanian Hackers

Ivan Krstic krstic at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:40:02 EDT 2005

Steven Michael Melendez wrote:
> it appears the vulnerability is this one

The vulnerability is that PHP is a fucking idiotic, braindead excuse for
a programming language. Ian explains, and Bradfitz just laughs:

 http://blog.ianbicking.org/php-ghetto.html
 http://brad.livejournal.com/2129480.html

Add to that the "arrays are hashes" paradigm, deep-copy-on-assign, lack
of namespaces, lack of thread safety, lack of decent recursion support
(they use the stack instead of the heap), arbitrary and inconsistent
function names within the language, and incredibly ugly language hacks
introduced to protect incompetent programmers from themselves (e.g.
magic quotes), and you'll see why I laugh like Brad every time someone
tells me they're a PHP programmer.

Incidentally, I don't have the new HCS web anymore, because one of my
drives died last week, and the HCS web wasn't tagged as important so it
didn't get backed up.

-IK