*HCS* Server care question

myke cuthbert cuthbert at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:23:59 EST 2004

Anything is possible if the systems are new enough that you can write
scripts to email people/self-shutdown if they get too hot.  FreeBSD
has sensor programs now; there are perl programs which will read them
or if you're really in the mood, you could set up a BB script.

At my work, old computers never die--they just become too slow to
justify their heat output and power consumption.

avila at fas.harvard.edu [ Feb 27 ]: