[HCS-D]HCS in 2005

Philip Zeyliger philz at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 21 10:34:41 EST 2004

>   - File sharing is one service some groups want.  Ivan says Samba
>   gets ugly with lots of users and shares on one machine, but an
>   alternative called WebDAV works well and we could do it.

Really?  The security model for WebDAV always seemed a little scary
to me, but YMMV.  As a backseat driver, I'll beg that you try
it out on a separate test machine first.

		-- Phil

--
                              (Note new e-mail)
      Philip Zeyliger :|: zeyliger at post.harvard.edu :|: Dunster '04

oats.  A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but
  in Scotland supports the people.                       (Johnson)