[HCS-D]firefox followup

Gregory N. Price gprice at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 14 16:23:02 EST 2004

  On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:42:21PM -0500, Matt Gline wrote:
    Someone (I forget who... Yves, maybe?) raised an interesting point at
    office hours last night after you left: one problem is that certain fas
    services are not written in standards-compliant code (the payroll
    system, in particular) and only work in Internet Explorer. We might find
    ourselves hard pressed to convince them to issue an endorsement that
    will break some of the tools they've written.

I was going to make the point that they could still endorse Firefox
for everyday use, because it's faster, more secure, and more pleasant
to use, and just note that if you need to use the payroll system
you'll have to use IE.

Then I went and looked at the payroll system.  It's no longer the same
interface, and the new one works fine for me in Firefox.

So, problem gone.

                Gregory