[HCS-D]firefox followup

myke cuthbert cuthbert at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 14 16:12:21 EST 2004

This is exactly the case with Firefox at the place I do computer
consulting (the National Bureau of Economic Research): the other IT
people and even the administration are itching to switch, but because
we (I) wrote code that works best for IE for administration tasks back
when there wasn't a standards-compliant alternative and because there
are still quite a number of IE extensions which do not have
equivalents in Firefox (designMode != contentEditable) we see it more
as a trade-off rather than a clear win to switch to Firefox.

wow does it render complex pages faster though.

you'd almost like Firefox to render IE specific pages by converting
them to standards-compliant code and then automatically emailing the
new code to the administrators.

Best, Myke

gline at fas.harvard.edu [ Dec 14 ]: