[HCS-D]firefox followup

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 14 15:57:03 EST 2004

I forgot to hit reply to all, sorry.

-IK

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [HCS-D]firefox followup
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:51:18 -0500
From: Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu>
To: Matt Gline <gline at fas.harvard.edu>

Matt Gline wrote:
> We might find
> ourselves hard pressed to convince them to issue an endorsement that
> will break some of the tools they've written.

That's a good point. Having them initially only endorse firefox for
students would not be a bad start, and there don't seem to be any
problems with the code that's open to students (my., facebook,
sectioning, etc). As for payroll, etc - there are several options.

Depending on what type of standards their code breaks, Firefox might
have options to bypass the breakage (for instance, rendering ActiveX
controls). If the breakage is very serious, it might be really
interesting for HCS to offer our help with standardizing their code; I'd
be willing to commit time and effort to something like that. I don't
know if we have enough pull with the administration for the latter
proposition to be considered seriously, however.

> I'll get the full text of the article - that's the chronicle of higher
> education, right?

Yes.

-Ivan