[HCS-D]the last few messages

Matt Gline gline at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:59:13 EST 2004

I wanted to let the list know that I've gone into the archives and
removed the quoted email from Harry Lewis from the record, and to ask
that people not quote that when replying to the message.

I feel very badly for doing this, and I don't mean to endorse doctoring
history, but it was my opinion on balance that it was far better that
this situation should reflect poorly on me than that it should potentially
cause problems for someone who held me in confidence.

I am certainly willing to discuss this decision, in this forum or any
other.

--Matt