[HCS-D][gline@hcs.harvard.edu: a problem]

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 5 18:52:40 EST 2004

Matthew Gline wrote:
> I'll open this up to the world on hcs-discuss, as well, I think.

There isn't much I can look into without privileges, but as root, have
you determined what files this process is looking at? Whether it's bound
to ports? Have you straced or debugged the live process? Have you
determined what exact binary it's running?

I have a dinner I have to be at in about half an hour, but if anyone
needs assistance or quick counsel on what to do about these processes
within the next 5-6 hours, I'm available by cell phone (which I will
send privately to Matt, and whoever needs it can get it from him).

-IK