*HCS* Re: hcs-discuss digest, Vol 1 #122 - 6 msgs

Virginia Beauregard beaureg at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 19 11:09:23 EST 2002

I use TeX for all the reasons Brendan gives, and...

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 02:02:17PM -0500, Brendan Connell wrote:
> (3) As you say, the formatting of a typical paper doesn't matter much...

However, I do want my text to look nice on the page.  My recent
experiences with Word (I tried using it once this summer) gave me such
atrocious looking text I had to redo the whole document.  Word just does
a much worse job of kerning text and adjusting for margins.

--
Virginia Beauregard