*HCS* designing a mailing list server

Greg Westin westin at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 4 23:20:57 EST 2002

> * database backend using some SQL variety

I don't know much about this, but I believe there are ways to do this with
Mailman.  You might want to check the archives of the Mailman-users mailing
list (see www.list.org)

> * UI that allows subscribers to manage all their subscriptions on a single
> page (assuming a web interface) and subscribe/unsubscribe easily.  Perhaps
> this would be password-based, but use a password per user, not password per
> user per list.

This can be done in Mailman, at least in Mailman 2.1.  The password per user
is more difficult, but I saw a question about this recently on the mailing
list, and there were some suggested ways of doing it.

-Greg