*HCS* Re: [HCS]announce for wk of 4/21/2002

Matt MacInnis macinnis at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:52:34 EDT 2002

> Or maybe we could develop a web-based facebook.  That's easy, because
> there are no administrative hurdles. :)

Nonono.. HCS needs to get a few smart heads together to write a faster,
usable WebMail program for FAS. This off-the-shelf solution is cluttered
like a train station in Beijing at 9am on Monday morning and is about as
efficient.

<rant>

Imagine if every mail client looked as good (and CLEAN) as this:

    http://webmail.mac.com/WebObjects/Webmail

Then people accustomed to the efficiency of a CLI wouldn't vomit at the
sight of "https://" and "e-mail" in the same sentence.

</rant>

-m