*HCS* Napster

Marshall D. Perrin mperrin at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 2 21:16:55 EDT 2000

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, William K. Josephson wrote:
> The NOC is now imposing limitations.  See harvard.hascs for
> the usual New Speak drivel.

Eh. Based on the fact that these are merely bandwidth limits, to slow
things down but not eliminate them, I don't think this is necessarily
politically motivated at all. Given the university's official refusal to
ban napster (this happened, right? I can never keep straight which
napster-related news was from which university these days) I can't see
Bill taking matters into his own hands.

 - Marshall