*HCS* RIP

William Josephson wjosephs at fas.harvard.edu
Wed May 17 23:43:02 EDT 2000

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 11:33:25PM -0400, Rick Osterberg wrote:

> My suggestion to the membership - pick one thing, and do it well.  Start
> up _a_ project in the HCS, and be the force behind it, and get other
> people involved, and don't back down.  If you think it's cool, and you
> keep at it, so will other people.  But you have to get the momentum going.

I think this is the best advice we've seen all evening ;-) A major
"problem" with the HCS, as Rick has pointed out, is that it tends to
get drawn in too many directions and, as a result, projects tend to
peter out.  It also means that people with limited time to devote to
the HCS tend to shy away as there aren't any organized, ongoing
projects that they can work on and still not be sucked into a major
commitment.

 -WJ