*HCS* UC voting starting soon...

Michael Bodell mbodell at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 13 02:23:11 EST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, dmolnar wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, David Mitby wrote:
> > > "Permission denied storing to (creat)
> > > /home/voteadm/DBASES/uc_presidential"
> > > Sigh... why can't they ever get this right?
> If you really want the details, e-mail me privately or talk to me in
> person.
> > I think the data we get from the registrar and houses and stuff differs
> > enough from year to year that issues seem to crop up.  I guess writing a
> > brand new uc vote from scratch would be decent HCS project.  :)
> I don't know about that. I'll help out on such a project, but I know from
> past experience that I will probably fail at leading one.

We could always arbitrarily create a program that has each of the
candidate's names selected count as a vote for Paul, unless you press a
special key.  Claim that the ballot was approved ahead of time, and stall
it by appealing all challenges to the supreme court until after the
deadline for announcing a UC president is.  :)