*HCS* UC voting starting soon...

David Mitby dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 13 01:07:35 EST 2000

> Um, I just tried, and ucvote crashed with this error message:
>
> "Permission denied storing to (creat)
> /home/voteadm/DBASES/uc_presidential"
>
> Sigh... why can't they ever get this right?
>
> -Brendan

Well it's still being handled by some of our people in conjunction with the
UC people... unfortunately the software is really cryptic, and what's worse,
I think the data we get from the registrar and houses and stuff differs
enough from year to year that issues seem to crop up.  I guess writing a
brand new uc vote from scratch would be decent HCS project.  :)

David