[HCS] CS189: Autonomous Mobile Robots

Nagpal, Radhika rad at eecs.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 15 15:32:02 EST 2018

I just wanted to let everyone know that CS189, Autonomous Robots (aka
Robots roam the Halls) will be offered this term. We will be
programming the Turtlebots, and using depth+RGB cameras and the
ROS/python/openCV systems, and doing psets in real environments (like
Pierce 301 and the MaxwellDworkin hallways). The main focus of this
class is to get a introduction to Robots and AI, when embodied in the
real and messy physical world.

* The only prereq for this class is CS51 or CS61 or comfort with
programming and using APIs. Robotics is naturally a multi-disciplinary
field, so this course is appropriate for CS, ES, and ME concentrators.

* The class is run as a single 3-hour block every friday, with
combined lecture and lab times. Programming is done in pairs (good to
take with a partner)

* The first class is Friday 26th in Pierce 301, but I will be holding
office hours
Wed 24th 5-7pm in MD235 for anyone who wants to talk about the class
beforehand.

The class has limited enrollment due to the hardware,
So please signup on GOOGLE FORM on the class website if you are interested!

     Google Form for Limited Enrollment:
       https://canvas.harvard.edu/courses/37276

Radhika

Radhika Nagpal
Fred Kavli Professor of Computer Science
John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, core faculty
Harvard University
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~rad/