[HCS] Register for Jane Street's Electronic Trading Challenge (ETC)!

Catherine Tu catherine_tu at college.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 11 12:00:27 EST 2017

[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 2]

Jane Street's Electronic Trading Challenge (ETC) is coming to Harvard! This
is a coding challenge in which teams compete against not only each other,
but simulated market events to win the event.

The challenge will be on *Sunday, February 26th at the SOCH*. You can sign
up either as a single participant, or with 1-2 teammates. If you sign up
alone we’ll randomly assign you to a team. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
will be provided!

Each member of the winning team will get $1000.

No knowledge of finance or OCaml is required. You can use any programming
language you want (and we'll provide helper libraries in a few common
ones). The contest is entirely technical in nature and you won't need any
visual design skills.

To register for the event, please sign up *here*.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUSo9f7wjt2H54sXZgNgrpUznuTBRPKLgoD0wm8g9IVNx54A/viewform>

Due to space constraints we cannot confirm that all students wishing to
participate will definitely be able to attend. *Signups will close on **Monday,
February 20th* at midnight. All interested students will be notified of
whether they can attend or not, and details will be sent to
participants by Wednesday,
February 22nd.

If you have questions please email etc-harvard at janestreet.com.

Hope to see you there!