[HCS] Jane Street Tech Talk + Free Food and SWAG!!!

Javier Cuan-Martinez cuanmartinez at college.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 28 14:21:30 EDT 2016

*‚Äč**When*: 9/29, 5:30pm
*Where*: Emerson 305
*What:* Join Jane Street for a Tech Talk about what they are currently up
to. You will also have a chance to connect with Jane Street employees as
recruiting season gets along!

THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD and SWAG!!!!!!

-Data Driven UIs, Incrementally-

Trading in financial markets is a data-driven affair, and as such, it
requires applications that can efficiently filter, transform and present
data to users in real time.

But there's a difficult problem at the heart of building such applications:
finding a way of expressing the necessary transformations of the data in a
way that is simultaneously easy to understand and efficient to execute over
large streams of data.

This talk will show how we've approached this problem using /Incremental/,
an OCaml library for constructing dynamic computations that update
efficiently in response to changing data. We'll show how Incremental can be
used throughout the application, from the servers providing the data to be
visualized, to the JavaScript code that generates DOM nodes in the browser.
We'll also discuss how these applications have driven us to develop ways of
using efficiently diffable data structures to bridge the worlds of
functional and incremental computing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/305621836472291/#