[HCS] [REMINDER] Addepar Tech Talk + FOOD

Eric Timmerman erictimmerman at college.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:42:32 EDT 2016

[image: Inline image 1]
Join Addepar's VP of Product Development this Friday in learning about the
challenges in the financial industry and how Addepar
<https://www.addepar.com/> is tackling them. Chow down on *FOOD*, mingle
with members of the team, and bring your resume!

RSVP HERE <https://www.facebook.com/events/297477353960118/>

*When:* TONIGHT Friday 9/23, 6pm
*Where:* Fong Auditorium
*Food:* The Kong!

What do potatoes, Wall Street, JSON, and directed acyclic graphs have in
common? They're a huge part of what Addepar does within the global
financial system! In this part product demo, part tech talk from Addepar's
VP of Product Development, Derek Brown examines some of the challenges that
exist within the financial industry, how Addepar is approaching them, and
how software engineers at Addepar are tackling these massive problems
underlying the $120 trillion dollar financial industry.

*Vision*

Addepar is building the operating system to organize global finance—a
system that affects us all but lacks a foundation. Our mission is to power
the global financial system to efficiently allocate capital and mitigate
risk.

*Introduction*

Addepar is the technology company that’s transforming finance—a $120
trillion industry where the most prevalent technology is still spreadsheets
and challenges are addressed by adding people rather than developing better
tools.

We’re building a modern financial platform to solve all parts of the
problem. Our comprehensive stack includes a data aggregation pipeline
between Addepar and most banks; a distributed financial analytics engine;
and an ember.js web application. Our clients include some of the biggest
wealth management banks in the world. We have approximately half a trillion
dollars in assets on our platform, and we’re growing rapidly.