[HCS] HCS Tech Talks: APT, Capital One, Goldman Sachs

Javier Cuan-Martinez cuanmartinez at college.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 8 19:10:18 EDT 2016

Hi everyone!

HCS would like to present our first round of Tech Talks for the semester.
As always, please be on the look-out for room changes! Following are the
Tech Talks that are presenting next week:

[image: Inline image 1]

*When: *9/12; 6pm
*Where: *Emerson Hall 305
*Food: *Felipe's Burritos
*What: *Wanna learn how to apply the scientific method to the real world?
How about within the context of a business?

Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) is a software company that provides
business analytics software, designed to help large, consumer-facing
businesses reduce the risk of any new initiative by systematically testing
the idea with a subset of stores, customers, or employees.

[image: Inline image 2]
*When: *9/13; 6pm
*Where: *Sever 106
*What: *Free FOOD!
*What: *Not your average bank!

At Capital One, our goal is simple: bring ingenuity, simplicity, and
humanity to an industry ripe for change. Founder-led and technology-driven,
Capital One is on a mission to reinvent banking and to give our customers
the financial tools they need to live their best lives.  Join us for a
discussion on just that, our quest to take the banking industry digital.
Learn about some of our coolest projects and hear first-hand what it’s like
to work as a software engineer in our Technology Development Program.  If
that’s not enough to get you away from your desk for a couple hours, there
will be free food and some awesome prizes (Did I hear someone say *Bose
Speakers???*).

[image: Inline image 4]

*When: *9/14; 12pm
*Where: *Holden Chapel
*What: *Flour Bakery: Sandwiches
*What: *Join Harvard alumni for lunch and a casual “Tech Talk” that
highlights a business solution built by GS Technologists and Strategists.