[HCS] Fwd: Quantopian meetup

Willy Xiao wxiao at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 11 20:14:25 EDT 2014

Hi all! Check this out!

Sent from my phone.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Ramya Rangan" <ramyarangan at college.harvard.edu>
Date: Apr 11, 2014 9:47 AM
Subject: Quantopian meetup
To: "Willy Xiao" <wxiao at hcs.harvard.edu>

Hey Willy,

Would HCS members be interested in this?:

*[image: Inline image 1] *

 Join WiCS and *Quantopian* for a Boston-wide algorithmic trading meetup *April
17th *in
Ticknor Lounge and Fong Auditorium.

*5:00 - 5:30  pm*, Mingle with individuals from various *financial tech
startups* in the Boston area
*5:30 - 6:30 pm*, Tech talk by Quantopian, Boston-based financial tech
startup, on the technology behind their algorithm investing platform

*We'll hear from Thomas Weicki, a Quantitative Researcher at Quantopian, on
Zipline, an open-source streaming-based financial simulator which enables
realistic backtesting of algorithmic trading strategies. **We'll see how
statistical Python libraries like scikit-learn can easily be incorporated
with Zipline to build state of the art trading algorithms.*

All genders welcome, and pizza will be served!