[HCS] MongoDB Tech Talk: Thursday @ 7pm in SOCH Penthouse

E.J. Bensing ebensing at college.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 30 22:25:47 EDT 2013

Hey HCS-

On Thursday(10/3), MongoDB will be coming to give a tech talk. It will be
held in the SOCH Penthouse (4th floor) at 7pm. There will be pizza, drinks,
and plenty of swag!

Jeff Yemin will be presenting, hope you can make it.

----------------

MongoDB is the leading NoSQL database and is reinventing data management and
powering big data. Designed for how we build and run applications today,
MongoDB empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new
types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and
lower costs. This tech talk will cover some of the problems MongoDB was
created to solve, and then move on to MongoDB's features and architecture.
We'll also take a look at how MongoDB is used by some real-world
applications.

Jeff Yemin is an Engineering Manager at MongoDB, Inc responsible for the
Java driver, the Scala driver, the Morphia ODM and the Hadoop
connector--basically any way you can use MongoDB on the JVM.