[HCS] HCS Bootcamp: Intro to UNIX

Kenny Yu kennyyu at college.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 23 03:48:04 EDT 2013

HCS Bootcamp: Intro to UNIX
*When*: Wednesday, 9/25, 7pm
*Where*: SOCH 105
*Facebook*: https://www.facebook.com/events/422460044525869
*Bring your laptops!*
*Free pizza!*

The Harvard Computer Society will be having its first official bootcamp of
the semester this Wednesday! It'll be an interactive session where we'll
introduce you to a UNIX environment, teach you *useful UNIX command line
tools* (grep, sed, wc, curl, etc.), and how to *write shell scripts*!

Since our bootcamp is in the quad, *we'll meet you by the John Harvard
Statue* starting around 6:30pm, and then *we'll all head over together to
the quad at 6:40pm*!

As usual, we'll have free pizza! Bring your laptops!

If you're interested in attending:
* Please make sure you've done our *prerequisites*:
https://github.com/hcs/bootcamp-setup/wiki (setting up your developer
environment and git)
* Fill out our *interest survey* if you haven't already:
http://goo.gl/IUTktA

You can find more of our projects and bootcamps on our github:
https://github.com/hcs

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at
board at hcs.harvard.edu !

Best,
Kenny, HCS Bootcamp Manager