[HCS] Dropbox Tech Talk - 9/23

Saagar Deshpande saagar at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 17 00:10:22 EDT 2013

Hey HCS!

*We're hosting a tech talk with Dropbox at 7pm on 9/23 called:
Bugs and opportunities at Dropbox scale*

*RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/225595764261587/*

*Where: Emerson 305
*
*When: 7pm on 9/23*

Below is the official blurb. (Attached is more blurbs!)

At Dropbox we like to say that Dropbox "just works." It means you, the
user, don't have to think about how to use it or worry about weird bugs or
edge cases. But it takes a lot of engineering to get there, especially when
you have 200 million users! Come hear Dropbox engineer Alex Allain ('06)
take you behind the scenes of some of the bugs we've run into at Dropbox
scale and how we build robust systems.

Food, drinks, t-shirts and free Dropbox space will be provided, so if
you're planning on attending, do us a favor and RSVP so we can order enough
food for everyone!

Questions? Email Hannah at hannahl at dropbox.com.

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/225595764261587/

We hope you can make it!