[HCS] Zynga tech talk: tonight!

Siddarth Chandrasekaran chandrasekaran.siddarth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 13:58:13 EDT 2011

Reminder that this is happening *tonight* at 7 PM in the SOCH. Call me
(617 999 7094) if you need to get into the building or such!

HCS is excited to announce a tech talk by Daniel O'Brien, the
Technical Architect at Zynga Boston. He will be talking about the
infrastructure at Zynga, and interesting technical challenges that
Zynga faces.

== Details

7 PM in SOCH Seminar Room P14 today for approximately an hour.
As always, there will be pizza and drinks!

== About Zynga

Zynga wants to give the world permission to play. Every day, we
connect people on seven continents and deliver a dose of don’t take
yourself so seriously. Seriously. To us, the best games encourage
people to engage with others, fuel the imagination, and bring out the
joy that sometimes gets lost in the daily grind.

We were founded on a deeply held passion for games and family and
friends playing together. Our passion for play is at the core of our
mission: to connect the world through games. Our mission and our core
values drive everything that we do: design social games that everyone
wants to play, assemble and retain talented teams, prioritize our
opportunities and make investment decisions.

== About the speaker

Dan manages the engineering team for the Boston studio and for Zynga's
most recent major release, Adventure World.  A co-founder of Conduit
Labs (the company that became Zynga Boston in 2010), Dan has been a
technical leader in the social games space since 2007. Beyond that,
Dan is a long-time online game industry veteran, having worked as a
tech lead on traditional MMO's such D&D Online and Lord of the Rings
Online.