[HCS] First HCS Meeting Wednesday 9/17 (Today!) in SOCH 307!

Joshua Kroll jkroll at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 17 08:41:33 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

To all the new members of hcs-announce, welcome! And to the returning
members, welcome back! HCS is proud to be starting off another year
with ambitious plans for new projects, plenty of interesting events,
and some exciting upgrades to our office and equipment.

We'll be kicking off the year in style this evening with our
introductory meeting, complete with pizza, a discussion of what we
plan to do this year, and a newly-cleaned and redecorated office. Join
us at 7:45 PM at the John Harvard statue and we'll all walk up to our
office, SOCH 307 just before 8:00 PM.

This is a very special year for HCS: we're proud to be celebrating our
25th anniversary. You should expect to hear more about this as the
year goes on. It's worth noting that Harry Lewis, our intrepid
advisor, has been with us for that entire period. Thanks, Prof. Lewis.

So to recap:
HCS Introductory Meeting
Tonight, 8-10pm in SOCH 307
Meet at John Harvard statue at 7:45pm to walk up together.

Can't join us for this meeting? No problem - we'll be running a
Hackathon in our office on Saturday afternoon, too, to give people a
jump-start on seeing our projects firsthand.

I'll look forward to meeting all our new members and to welcoming everyone back!

Josh Kroll