[HCS]announce for wk of 9/22/03

Cassia Ines Faria Martin cimartin at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 22 02:01:45 EDT 2003

*******************
In this Announcement
(1) Office hours, tomorrow 8-10pm
(2) IgNobel ceremonies
*******************

(1) Office hours, tomorrow 8-10pm
*******************
Every week we hold office hours in the HCS office.  We have not yet set a
standard date or time, but we will hold the first open office tomorrow
(Monday) from 8-10pm.  The office is in the basement of Thayer.

Borrow some O'reilly books, help us poke some Alphas into operation, ask
us random technical questions, or just bring your homework to do in good
company.  You can stop by for any or all, and we will be pleased to see
you.
*******************

(2) IgNobel ceremonies, 10/02/03
An annual spoof on the Nobel prizes, this whimsical ceremony celebrates
research that "cannot or should not be reproduced".  We tend to dress up
to match with the theme, which this year is "nano".  A special five
well-dressed people will be designated as the HCS delegation, and will
march in at the beginning of the ceremony.

HCS will be paying for some or all of the ticket, depending on numbers, so
let us know as soon as possible if you would like to come.