[HCS]HCS Announce wk of Oct 1

Scott A. Golder golder at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 1 12:39:00 EDT 2001

********************************
THIS WEEK:
********************************
(1) Ig! Ig! Ig!
(2) HCS Teach
(3) HCS Voice Portal
(4) Next Steering Meeting
(5) Congratulations!
********************************

(1) Ig! Ig! Ig!
********************************
The IgNobel awards (awards for science that cannot or should not be
reproduced) will be this Thursday night.  The HCS is sending a delegation, as
always, and we participate by doing zany things from within the audience.
Want to come (and get in for free!)?  Come to a small meeting Tuesday
(tomorrow) at 8 PM in the HCS office.  We'll discuss our costumes and such.
Email Scott (golder at hcs) for more info.
********************************

********************************
(2) HCS Teach
********************************
Want to be an idol to small children?  Want to teach them about computers?
Want to serve the community of Cambridge?  Join HCS teach!  Go to elementary
schools and teach little kids how to use computers.  It's fun and oh so
rewarding (we have lots of thank-you cards from them on the HCS office wall).
Email teach at hcs for more info.
********************************

********************************
(3) HCS Voice Portal
********************************
The HCS Voice Portal was launched last spring and currently serves up the
dining hall menu as well as shuttle schedules.  (Try it now - 4-TELL from any
oncampus phone).  Want to work on extending this awesome tool?  Want to help
publicize it?  Want to have your voice on it?  Email voice at hcs for more info.

(4) Next Steering Meeting
The next steering meeting will be Held Tuesday, October 7, at 7 PM in the HCS
Office.  All are welcome to talk about upcoming projects, general HCS stuff,
and just to hang out.

(5) Congratulations!