[HCS]Seminars!

Scott A. Golder golder at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 6 10:13:59 EDT 2001

Hi, Everyone.  Hope you're all having a great summer.  This message comes
from Jinger Zhao, who is running seminars this year.  See you all in
September.

-----------------

Do you want to feel

1) admired?
2) smart?
3) *POWERFUL*?

Teach an HCS seminar!

During opening week, HCS offers new freshmen 1-hour classes on Harvard's
computing environment. The topics are "Using Harvard's Network with your
Windows PC," "Using Your Unix Account," "Publishing to the Web," and
"Using Harvard's Network with your Macintosh."

If you've done any of those things, or even if you haven't ;) HCS NEEDS
YOUR HELP! The classes run from Saturday, September 1, through Friday,
September 7---the schedule appears below. If you can be there for any of
the classes, email me (jyzhao at fas) back with which time/class you'd like
to teach! We have teaching packets for you, so you don't need to worry
about the curriculum!  The HCS receives over $30 for each seminar led, so
it's important that we teach in as many of these time slots as possible.
This money funds our computer systems, our BBQ's, and meeting pizza.

Be a hero. Help a frosh navigate the T1.

Jinger :)

Schedule:
 Sat., Sept. 1
   10 a.m.         Using Harvard's Network with Windows
   10 a.m.         Using Your Unix Account
   1 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS
   1 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
   3 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
   3 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account

 Sun., Sept. 2
   1 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
   1 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
   3 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS
   3 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account

 Mon., Sept. 3
   4 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
   4 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS

 Tue., Sept. 4
   11 a.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS
   11 a.m.          Using Your Unix Account
    2 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
    2 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
    4 p.m.          Publishing to the Web

 Wed., Sept. 5
   4 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
   4 p.m.          Publishing to the Web

 Thu., Sept. 6
   2 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS
   2 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
   4 p.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
   4 p.m.          Publishing to the Web

 Fri., Sept. 7
   10 a.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Mac OS
   11 a.m.          Using Harvard's Network with Windows
    3 p.m.          Using Your Unix Account
    4 p.m.          Publishing to the Web