[HCS]HCS News for the week of 11/26

David Mitby dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 27 03:51:11 EST 2000

Welcome back all!  Hope you had relaxing breaks.

In this issue:
I.   Board Elections on December 10th
II.  Steering Meeting Tuesday, November 28th
III. DataMatch meeting Wednesday at 5:30pm, HCS Office
IV.  TECH Panel Wednesday

---
I.   Board Elections on December 10th

The HCS will have its annual Board Elections on Sunday, December 10th at
8:00pm.  We have five positions: President, Business Manager, Projects
Coordinator, Communications Manager, and Membership Coordinator.  Any HCS
member is eligible and encouraged to run for a position.  All members are
asked to please vote.  And we will automatically start with a hand count,
will not use punch cards, and will avoid people named Chad, and thus our
result will be official that night. :)

NOTE: Remember that you must be an official HCS member to participate;
students are granted membership by the board (and are given accounts
on hcs.harvard.edu and other privileges).  If you are interested in
becoming a member, have been active in the society, and feel that we
have inadvertently left you out, please e-mail board at hcs.harvard.edu right
away and let us know.

---
II.  Steering Meeting Tuesday, November 28th

There will be a biweekly Steering Meeting on Tuesday the 28th at 7:00pm in
the
HCS Office.  All are welcome.  Among other planning, we will be voting on
the
election rules.

the
HCS.  Come help this project by designing the questionnaire, working on
publicity, and hacking Perl code.  Highly recommended. :)

---
IV.  TECH Panel Wednesday

> Wed 11/29  6:30-8:00pm  Maxwell-Dworkin G-125
> moderated by Greg Tseng '01

  This Wednesday, TECH hosts the panel "dorm.room to dot.com"
  featuring four 21 year old college entrepreneurs who founded
  technology companies in their dorm rooms.  They are:

> * Jeffrey Gut, BU '01, CEO CollegiateMall.com
> * Adam Menzel, Brandeis '00, COO Ticker Technologies
> * David Morris, U.Penn/Wharton '00, CEO The Seedling Group
> * Richard Powell, Harvard '01, CEO Fuxito Worldwide

  Come hear how these four students became entrepreneurs and how
  they managed to balance class assignments with business plans and
  dorm meetings with board meetings. As always, bring your questions!

  Please reserve your spot by RVSPing to tech at deas.harvard.edu
  Free pizza & soda following the panel!

  For more information, visit http://www.deas.harvard.edu/tech