[HCS]HCS Announce for the Week of 11/12

David Mitby dmitby at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:34:14 EST 2000

News for the week:

I.   Short Steering Meeting Tonight 7pm
II.  TECH EntrePanel Wednesday
III. Napster Panel Wednesday
IV.  Elections coming in mid-December

I.   Short Steering Meeting Tonight 7pm

There will be a short steering meeting tonight in the HCS Office at
7:00pm.  (Tuesday Nov. 14th).  All are welcome.

Harvard (TECH).  A panel of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and
business school faculty will discuss what it takes to get a company
started.  Tom Eisenmann, Asst. Professor at Harvard Business School will
discuss Internet business models; Rusty Szurek, 22 year old founder of
RagingBull.com will tell the story of how he started that company while
in college; and Ed Anderson, Managing General Partner of North Bridge
Venture Partners will share seasoned expertise from the venture capital
perspective.

Wednesday, November 15
6:30—8:00 p.m.
Maxwell Dworkin Building, Room G-125

All Harvard students are welcome.
Register for the session and to enter our raffle drawing by sending an
email, including your class year, to: tech at deas.harvard.edu.
You have to register and be present to win.
Free pizza & soda following the discussion.
Visit www.deas.harvard.edu/tech for more information.

III.  Napster Panel Wednesday

THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED?

The Harvard Political Union and the Berkman Center host a Town Hall Meeting
on NAPSTER AT HARVARD.  What is the University's policy?  How will court
decisions affect you?  Can they still take away your network access?  What
about other file-sharing services?

Panelists include:

Moderator - JONATHAN ZITTRAIN, Law School Professor
TERRY FISHER, Law School Professor
DAN MORIARTY, Assistant Provost of the University
FRANK STEEN, Director of FAS Computer Services
various student musicians and Napster users

Day/Time:  Wednesday, November 15, 4-5 p.m.
Location:  Science Center D

IV.  Elections coming in mid-December

HCS Board elections will be in mid-December (probably Sunday, December
10th).  Start thinking now about your future in the HCS -- I highly
encourage anyone interested in the group and Technology as a whole
to consider running for a position.  They are:
President
Business Manager
Projects Coordinator
Communications Manager
Membership Coordinator

E-mail me if you have any questions!  Will be asking for formal
declarations right after Thanksgiving.