[Greener-benches] Upcoming Earth Month Events

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Tue Apr 16 09:22:17 EDT 2013

Dear All,

In celebration of Earth Day (04/22) we have a number of exciting events coming up that I thought might be of interest, listed below. We hope you can join us for one or all of these fun events! As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thursday, April 18, 12:00-1:00 pm: Environmental TED Talk Movie Screening. Join us for community, conversation, and light refreshments as we continue our popular monthly lunchtime movie series. This month's theme is "Pollution", and we'll be featuring three exciting talks including Kamal Meattle's "How to grow fresh air", Wolfgang Kessling's "How to air-condition outdoor spaces", and Edward Burtynsky's "Manufactured landscapes". Located in Mallinckrodt 217. We hope to see you there!
Wednesday April 24th, 5:00-7:00 pm: Sustainability Trivia Night at the Queen's Head Pub. Join us for drinks, snacks, and fun prizes while you test your knowledge on environmental topics! This event is open to all Harvard affiliates, so bring your friends and coworkers! Drink tickets will be provided to the first 50 attendees. For more information or to register your team in advance, email Jamie Bemis<mailto:jamie_bemis at harvard.edu>.

Thursday April 25th, 10:00-2:00 pm, Spring Lab-Oriented Freecycle in the Sherman-Fairchild Courtyard. Join us for our biggest lab-oriented freecycle to date! Stop by the event and browse for free supplies for your office or lab. Leading up to the event, we will be collecting unwanted lab equipment and office supplies. This is the perfect opportunity to clean out your desk or lab space! Have items you would like to donate? Email me<mailto:jamie_bemis at harvard.edu?subject=Freecycle%20Pickup> to arrange for pickup.