[Greener-benches] FAS Green Program Updates: August 2012

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Fri Aug 17 12:54:24 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Please join us for the upcoming Freecycle and mark your calendars for other great events, such as Harvard Thinks Green and our new Environmental Movie Series! We hope to see you there.

Upcoming Events:
End of Summer Freecycle: Friday, August 17th, 11-2pm, Science Center Arcade
Donation drop off: 9 -11am, Science Center Room 112
Email: energy at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:energy at fas.harvard.edu> if you have donations to be picked up before August 15th

Harvard Thinks Green 2: Tuesday, September 18th, 7pm, Sanders Theater
Environmental Trivia at the Pub immediately before the event.

Brown Bag Lunch Movie Series, NEW, September 20th, 12-1pm, Mallinckrodt 102
Take a lunch break and watch the best of TED talks on plastic pollution, renewable materials, water conversation, environmental justice and other important topics.

Campaign Highlight:
SCRB takes a stand against bottled water and plastic waste. Click here<http://green.harvard.edu/hscrb-department-embraces-tap-water> to read about its new "Tap Water" campaign and to take a fun tap water quiz.

Green Building Highlight: Music Department
Our student intern spent the summer interviewing building managers and writing a blog about their energy conservation efforts. This month, we're featuring Fernando Viesca  <http://green.harvard.edu/node/729> and his projects in Music.