[Greener-benches] FAS Green Program Updates: April 2012

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Mon Apr 9 14:49:51 EDT 2012

Dear All,
Happy Earth Month! We look forward to seeing you at one of our April events, including this Thursday's Green Carpets award ceremony.
Thank you for sharing these brief updates with your coworkers.
Best regards,
Jamie
FAS Green Program Updates, April 2012
It's Earth Month! Join us for movie screenings, freecycles, celebrations and more. Full listing of events here<http://green.harvard.edu/earthmonth>. We've highlighted a few below:

  *   FAS Freecycle Events: Celebrate Earth Day with a little spring cleaning. Donate unwanted supplies or home products, or just come by and pick up things you need and avoid buying new! We can pick up donations anywhere on campus and store them until the event. Email energy at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:Brandon_geller at harvard.edu> to arrange a pick up. Donations can also be dropped off the morning of the event from 9am-10:30.

o    April 19th, 11-2pm, Maxwell Dworkin Lobby.

o    April 26, 11-2pm, Bauer/Sherman Fairchild/Converse Courtyard

  *   Green Carpets<http://green.harvard.edu/greencarpet2012>: Join us at the Harvard Green Carpet Awards to celebrate FAS's individual and team winners! Enjoy the music of student performers THUD and Cowgill, and hang out with other environmentally friendly folks at the reception following the event. 3:30-5:30pm Thrs April 12th, Sanders Theatre, Memorial Hall
Green Resources

  *   Rent a movie: Enjoy one of our many movies, including documentaries such as "Tapped", "Home" and "Fresh". Contact us at energy at fas.harvard.edu<mailto:energy at fas.harvard.edu>  if you'd like to arrange a screening, or are just curious to learn more about what we have.
  *   New Resource Efficiency Program Student Blog<http://green.harvard.edu/new-rep-student-blog>: REPs Natalie L. Jacewicz '13 and Is A. Wechsler '13 have launched a new blog for their fellow students called "There's a Hole in my Ozone and Other Awkward Problems<http://harvardrep.wordpress.com/>."

*         Student Environmental Humor: Take environmental issues with a grain of student humor and check out top cartoons<http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150624253182654.384848.343769672653&type=3> from our annual FAS CERtoon (Campus Emissions Reduction Cartoon) competition
Green, Healthy Buildings

  *   Sherman Fairchild Building becomes Harvard's 1st LEED Platinum Lab Building<http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/04/the-greenest-lab-up-and-running/> and ties for the highest number of LEED-CI points achieved by any project world-wide!
  *   Room mockup provides preview<http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/03/innovative-clusters/> of Old Quincy House renewal. Sustainability is prominent in the renewal plan.

69 Dunster Street | Cambridge, MA 02138