[Greener-benches] Upcoming Events

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Fri Apr 6 15:29:59 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Please see below for some exciting upcoming events!

*         April 12th, 3:30-5:30 pm: Harvard Green Carpet Awards; Sanders Theater, Memorial Hall. This annual event celebrates the many staff, faculty and students who have made significant contributions to on-campus sustainability initiatives, including greenhouse gas emission reductions. We have a few groups and individuals from the sciences that will be recognized this year, including:

o   Team Project Finalists:

1.       SCRB Department Administration

2.       Melton Lab (SCRB Department)

o   Individual Award Recipients:

1.       Leigh Needleman (Dulac Lab at MCB)

2.       Stuart McNeil (Physics, FAS OPRP)

o   Be sure to attend and show your support for your peers and colleagues! For more information on the event, and to read more about this year's nominees, click here<http://www.green.harvard.edu/greencarpet2012>.

*         April 26th, 10:00-2:00 pm: First Lab-Oriented Freecycle at FAS; Courtyard between Bauer, Sherman-Fairchild, and Converse Chemistry Lab. A freecycle is like a yard sale, but everything is free! Stop by with any unwanted lab or office supplies, and browse to find some new stuff for your office or lab! We will be collecting unwanted items from now until the morning of the event, so please email me if you'd like us to pick up anything from your space. (Example items may include hanging files, books, binders, small benchtop appliances, dishware, desk organizers, etc.)

Please pass along the announcements to anyone who may be interested in attending!

Cheers,

69 Dunster Street | Cambridge, MA 02138