[Greener-benches] Home Energy Efficiency 101 Workshop

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:25:11 EDT 2011

FAS Staff and Graduate Students:

Which direction should you run your ceiling fan in the summer to save energy, and which direction should you run it in the winter?

You can get rebates from the state of Massachusetts for upgrading many of your home appliances to more energy efficient options. Can you name two such appliances?

Where can you get a free home energy audit?

Home Greening 101 Workshop

Want to learn easy ways to reduce your utility bills while also reducing waste? Come to the FAS Green Program's first Home Greening Workshop! We'll highlight new and affordable technology, and share techniques from Harvard's own energy experts on campus. In addition, lunch will be provided and you'll also have the opportunity to enter a raffle for some of our Eco friendly prizes.

The event is on Thursday, Oct. 27th, 12-1pm. Space is limited, so please RSVP to Brandon_geller at harvard.edu<mailto:Brandon_geller at harvard.edu> by Oct. 26th. All are welcome, but preference will be given to FAS staff.

Brandon Geller, LEED AP O&M
FAS Green Program Senior Coordinator
Harvard University, Office for Sustainability
Ph. 617.496.0971 fax 617.495.9409
www.green.harvard.edu/fas