[Greener-benches] Join us at the upcoming Freecycle and Sustainability Fair! Tuesday Sept. 6th from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Science Center Lawn

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Thu Sep 1 12:33:42 EDT 2011

Good Afternoon!

The next Freecycle and Sustainability Fair is just around the corner,
and we'd like to invite you to join us for the festivities! For those of
your who aren't familiar with a Freecycle, it is an office and home
supplies swap, where you can donate unwanted items and browse for free
stuff! Freecycling is a great way to reduce waste and save money. Here's
a sampling of the kinds of items you might be able to pick up for your
home and office, office - all completely free at the fair:

* Paper, folders, hanging files

* Pens, pencils

* Furniture

* Toys

* Kitchenware

And much more!

Below is the email announcement, and I have attached a promotional
poster as well. Please let me know if you have any questions! We hope to
see you there!

Thanks,

Jamie

Event Announcement

FAS Freecycle and Sustainability Fair

When:

Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011

*	9am-10:30am: drop off items
*	11am-2pm: browse, take and celebrate

Where: Science Center Overpass Lawn (next to the Harvard Farmers'
Market)

Late summer cleaners and scavengers, unite! Don't trash your office and
home leftovers, freecycle them!  File folders, cabinets,
printers/cartridges, books, movies, music, housewares, games, sports
equipment, art supplies, clothes are all welcome.  Please, NO: TVs,
computers, large electronics, or large furniture. Save big items for
Craigslist, the ReuseList or Harvie.

Please bring items to donate on the day of the event, or contact us at
energy at fas to arrange a pick up ahead of time. All leftover items will
be donated to local charities.

Celebrate the new academic year in a green and festive atmosphere! Come
to learn about environmentally friendly living, working, catering and
transportation services and products offered by local businesses. Taste
delicious food from Stone Hearth Pizza, get your bike tuned up by Quad
bikes and learn about greening your home opportunities from Next Step
Living. Many more attractions, including more tastings and raffles at
the Fair!

The event is sponsored by the FAS Green Program, a partnership between
the FAS Office of Physical Resources and Planning and Harvard's Office
for Sustainability.