[Greener-benches] Freezer Cleanout Competition during month of May

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Tue Apr 26 11:12:00 EDT 2011

Good Morning!

I wanted you to be aware of a campaign we are running during the month
of May focused on combating the energy footprint of ultra-low
temperature (ULT) freezers. Harvard is joining with a number of other
universities to promote a month-long Freezer Cleanout competition, where
labs will compete for prizes by cleaning out their ULT freezers and
inventorying their samples. The goals of the competition are to raise
awareness about the energy intensity of freezers, and to improve the
implementation of preventative maintenance measures and sample
inventorying techniques. I have attached the contest flyer for your
reference, and more information can be found on the Freezer Month
website.

The Freezer Month competition is open to any lab with an ultra-low
temperature freezer. Labs can register their freezers for the
competition using the Freezer Month Registration Form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/freezermonthregistration> .  After
cleanout, the labs should submit their results using the Freezer Month
Contest Submission Form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/freezermonthsubmission> . We are also
featuring a story on our website about the motivation behind the
competition, and if you are interested to learn more you can view it
here
<http://green.harvard.edu/harvard-joins-national-freezer-cleanout-compet
ition> .

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to working
with many of you during this competition!

Best Regards,

69 Dunster Street | Cambridge, MA 02138

(ph) 617-384-5496 | (fax) 617-496-4763

http://green.harvard.edu <http://green.harvard.edu>  |