[Greener-benches] Green Carpet Awards Monday, Room Temperature Storage Pilot Project

Bemis, Jamie L jamie_bemis at harvard.edu
Thu Apr 7 13:10:05 EDT 2011

Hello All!

I hope this email finds you well! I wanted to let you know about a
couple exciting events that are happening on campus:

1.       Green Carpet Awards: On Monday (April 11th) we will be hosting
our second annual Green Carpet Awards Event! The event will be taking
place from 3:30-5:00 in Sanders Theatre at Memorial Hall, with a
reception afterwards at the Cambridge Queens Head Pub (with free food
and drinks)! Everyone is welcome to attend and I invite you to join us
in celebrating our eco-stars from across the University! A number of
representatives from the FAS will be receiving awards and it would be
great to come out and support them. I have attached the flyer for the
event- if you would like a color copy printed out for you, let me know
and I can drop one off!

2.       Room Temperature Storage Pilot Project: MASCO and Harvard are
jointly funding a pilot project on room temperature storage of
biological samples using the Biomatrica product. The first 15 labs with
a serious interest in room temperature storage technology that sign-up
for the Biomatrica Pilot Project will receive $750 per lab to help cover
the costs of the project.  This is a great opportunity to explore room
temperature storage for biological samples and reduce the need for
energy-intensive ULT freezers in the lab. If anyone is unfamiliar with
the Biomatrica product or has questions, please let me know and I can
provide more information. There is also an opportunity to learn more
about this technology at a presentation from the CEO of Biomatrica on
April 20th. I will provide more details once the time and room has been
confirmed. Please let me know if you are interested or have any
questions.

Thanks, and I hope to see you Monday at the Green Carpet Awards!

69 Dunster Street | Cambridge, MA 02138

(ph) 617-384-5496 | (fax) 617-496-4763

http://green.harvard.edu <http://green.harvard.edu>  |
jamie_bemis at harvard.edu <mailto:lauren_raece at harvard.edu>

Join us at the Harvard Green Carpet Awards green.harvard.edu/greencarpet
<http://www.green.harvard.edu/greencarpet>

3:30-5:00pm Monday, April 11th, Sanders Theater, Memorial Hall

5:00-6:00pm Reception at Cambridge Queen's Head Pub