[Greener-benches] Green Tip May 2010

Kreycik, Philip William philip_kreycik at harvard.edu
Tue May 25 13:13:25 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Please see below for the campus-wide Green Tip, which highlights the
results of the initiatives that so many of you have worked on to reduce
your emissions, both in your personal habits and in your projects.  A
14% reduction in pre-existing ("baseline") buildings' emissions in just
4 years

In FAS sustainability news, we have three exciting updates:

1)       The Spring 2010 version of our newsletter is attached, and it
celebrates all of FAS's Green Carpet award winners. Please check out
your peers' accomplishments!

2)       We have a supply of compostable food-service items that any
department may use if they would like to pilot test a "Zero-trash
event." Simply reply to let me know how much you'd need and when!

3)       A "Freecycle" event will be held on Tuesday, June 22, from 11am
to 1:30pm, outside the Science Center - Whether you're moving to a new
space or simply doing some late spring cleaning, you may find extra
office supplies, books, magazines, or mugs that you or your office no
longer need - don't trash them, freecycle them!  Please bring items to
donate the day of or contact us at energy at fas to arrange a pick up ahead
of time.

Happy Commencement Week! Hope to see you for Freecycle on June 22.

Philip & Gosia