[Greener-benches] Wanted: pumps (...& question about ovens)

Kreycik, Philip William philip_kreycik at harvard.edu
Thu Nov 19 12:38:07 EST 2009

Dear all,

Kovac Lab is moving in to their new space at 160 Concord Ave, and they
are currently purchasing vacuum pumps.

Does anyone have any unused, but working pumps lying around that they
would like to get rid of?  If so, please email John Kovac directly.
They would be interested in both roughing pumps (to get to about 10^-2
torr) and high vac pumps.

Also, the lab is also looking for an oven with microprocessor controls
capable of programming the oven to heat up and cool down with a specific
timeline.  Does anyone have advice on brands that work well? I would
love to hear of any brands for our energy efficient equipment sheet, as
these ovens are clearly a more efficient option - heating based on a
schedule means you're only heating when you need to, not all the time!

Thank you!

Philip