[Entrepreneurs] Welcome to the Entrepreneurship Forum

Patrick Colangelo colangelo at college.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 10 19:55:19 EDT 2011

Dear Entrepreneurs,

entrepreneurial spirit of our members, we are the largest entrepreneurship
group on campus. We welcome only those who have the fervor to be
entrepreneurs. As mentioned at the intro meeting, this year we are expanding
our executive board and restructuring our organization to give you the
greatest experience possible.

*Organization Stucture*

Our organization functions on three major levels:

1)      *Entrepreneurship Committees*: All HCEF members are categorized into
one of these three committees depending on their area of interest.
Throughout the semester each committee organizes one industry-specific
excursion out to a local start-up and one speaker series here at Harvard.
Each committee will be lead this year by its own Vice President and two
Executive Directors.

*- Tech Committee* (Consisting of technology entrepreneurship)

*- Social Committee* (Consisting of environmental, and non-profit
entrepreneurship)

*- Sciences Committee *(Consisting of health sciences, engineering, and
energy entrepreneurship)

2)      *I3 Innovation Challenge Committee*: We partner with TECH and HSA to
help organize the largest start-up competition on campus.

3)      *Internal Affairs Committee*: HCEF organizes a handful of events
open to its members throughout the year:

*Elevator Pitch* – We organize a start-up pitch session for interested
founders

*Start-up Office Hours* – We hold start-up Q&A sessions with
entrepreneurship experts including HBS professors and successful college
alumni

*Mentorship Program* – We pair interested club members with entrepreneur
mentors throughout the year
*Company Meet and Greets* – We hold receptions for hot start-ups and
organizations recruiting young Harvard entrepreneurs

**

*Leadership Positions available*

The biggest benefit HCEF offers its leaders is an invaluable rolodex for the
future. Leaders receive intimate exposure with start-up executives and guest
speakers. If you are interested in becoming a leader of the club, indicate
on your application which position(s) you are interested in interviewing
for:

*- Vice President of Tech Committee* – You will be in charge of holding one
committee-wide meeting, organizing one excursion to a local start-up,
organizing one speaker series.

*- Vice President of Social Committee* – You will be in charge of holding
one committee-wide meeting, organizing one excursion to a local start-up,
organizing one speaker series.

*- Vice President of Sciences Committee* – You will be in charge of holding
one committee-wide meeting, organizing one excursion to a local start-up,
organizing one speaker series.

*- Executive Director* (several positions are available across the
committees) – You will be in charge of helping your Committee VP and the
Executive Board organize a variety of the aforementioned events.

*- Webmaster* – You will be in charge of reinventing our current website and
maintaining it throughout the year.

*Comp Process*

HCEF is the only entrepreneurship organization on campus that offers its
members exclusive invitations to members-only events not open to the Harvard
public. This also means that we have a comp requirement if you seek
membership.

In order to comp the Entrepreneurship Forum, you must successfully do the
following:
1)      Submit to yifan1030 at gmail.com the attached one page entrepreneurship
application (*Due Thursday, September 15*)
2)      Attend one meeting and both events for your committee during the
semester (attendance will be tracked)

We look forward to meeting many of you in the coming months.

Sincerely,

Patrick Colangelo and Jinzhao Wang

Presidents of the Entrepreneurship Forum