[Entrepreneurs] J-Term (and Term-Time) Internship at AllTrails.com

Jason Y. Shah JShah at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 12 18:16:24 EST 2009

Hi entrepreneurs,

A good friend and successful entrepreneur (Russell Cook, beRecruited.com) is
looking for interns at his new start up, AllTrails.com located here in
Cambridge. If you are looking for a J-Term internship or a part-time
internship next term, I strongly suggest getting in touch with Russell.
Happy Holidays!

Best,
Jason
--
AllTrails.com Winter/Spring 2010 Internship

*POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE DURING THE HARVARD J-TERM* (1/4-1/24)

AllTrails.com is a member driven outdoor enthusiast community that was
recently launched by Harvard Business School partner and successful
entrepreneur Russell Cook. In his last venture Russell built and sold high
school sports recruiting service beRecruited.com to RVS Ventures (October
2007). We are currently seeking interns with a passion for the outdoors and
an interest in startups looking for real startup company experience.

OVERVIEW
AllTrails is currently based out of Polaris Venture Partners’ DogPatch Labs
here in Cambridge <*http://dogpatchlabs.com/about/*>. In a nutshell we are
attempting to build Yelp for outdoor activities like hiking, mountain
biking, rock climbing, etc. Given that we just launched there is a lot that
we need help with and no matter what you’re interested in learning we can
find a way to tailor your internship to match those interests. Besides your
work on AllTrails the internship will be also provide plenty of opportunity
to get more connected to the local startup community.

AVAILABLE PROJECTS
Here are just a handful of the projects we’re looking for help with and
we’re open to other ideas/interests:

Product Management
  - Trail database expansion & development
  - Community building & outdoors expert recruitment
  - Market segmentation & prioritization
  - Search engine optimization

Marketing/Advertising
  - Viral marketing (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc)
  - Content planning & writing (blog, how to’s, gear guide, etc.)
  - Strategic partner identification & outreach

If you’re interested in a specific area but have no prior experience – don’t
sweat it.

BENEFITS
  - Compensation: None
  - Hours: 3-5 hours per week
  - Term: Either over Winter break and/or next semester
  - Work location: Flexible. Work at your convenience and your preferred
hours from home, our office @ DogPatch Labs near MIT or pretty much anywhere
  - Class credit (if you have a professor who approves your participation,
and/or if you can recycle this work for a class)
  - Interact with entrepreneurs, outdoor experts, and other people
interested in the outdoors & startups
  - Gain public visibility for your interest and experience working in a
startup
  - Learn about blogs, social network sites, and other social media
marketing & advertising techniques
  - Significant creative input and flexibility
  - Glowing reference for your resume (if merited)

HOW TO APPLY
Email us at <*interns at alltrails.com*> and let us know if you’re interested
in working on a particular aspect of the business.

We look forward to having you join us!

Russell Cook
Founder & CEO
*russell at alltrails.com